Sticky Fingers 12 Deliciously Twisted Short Stories Sticky Fingers Collection Book 1 edition by JT Lawrence Literature Fiction eBooks

Diverse, dark-humored, and deliciously bite-sized, this compelling collection of 12 short stories by JT Lawrence include
ESCAPE
A suicidal baby knows he was born into the wrong life. He has to get creative to correct the mistake, much to his mother's horror.
THE ITCH
An intense, uncontrollable, unexplainable itch lands the protagonist in a mental institution.
BRIDGE GATE
In this poignant and charming short story, a daughter yearns to connect with her absent father through the letters they exchange. She's not put off by his pedantic corrections of her writing, despite the slow reveal that he is less than perfect himself.
THE UNSUSPECTING GOLD-DIGGER
A woman gradually poisons her husband so that she doesn't have to break his heart.
***
"Each story is masterfully constructed ... Humorous, touching, creepy, but most of all entertaining, this collection is superb." -- Tracy ( review)
***
If you're a fan of Roald Dahl or Gillian Flynn you'll love these unsettling stories with a twist in the tale.
Click now to start reading.
Sticky Fingers 12 Deliciously Twisted Short Stories Sticky Fingers Collection Book 1 edition by JT Lawrence Literature Fiction eBooks
I received a free copy of this book from the author, through her newsletter. I chose to review; this is my honest review.I find it hard to resist short stories. When I need a short respite from long mysteries, I read short stories; they refresh me. These are clever, well-written, evoke a reaction after finishing, and are thought-provoking, as well.
Ms.Lawrence sets a scene, paints the people with personality, and introduces a situation which may, or may not, be influenced by the main character.
I will not label these stories as happy or sad, dark or light, or any other contradictory terms; they just exist as they are. I believe, if any group of people sat down to discuss these stories, the single agreement would be this: each one views the stories through their own experience, which would result in many different points of view to explore among them. They are what YOU will make of them.
I gave this collection a rating of five stars for two reasons, the first being the excellence of the story arc of the plots themselves. The second is an acknowledgment to the writing which told the stories. Each story read smoothly, had good unobtrusive descriptions, and believable and apt conversation. I liked the format, illustrations, and appreciated the error-free text.
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes short stories, whether as a steady diet, or as a treat, which they were to myself! Each one is outstanding on its' own; as a collection, they are stunning!
Product details
|

Tags : Sticky Fingers: 12 Deliciously Twisted Short Stories (Sticky Fingers Collection Book 1) - Kindle edition by JT Lawrence. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Sticky Fingers: 12 Deliciously Twisted Short Stories (Sticky Fingers Collection Book 1).,ebook,JT Lawrence,Sticky Fingers: 12 Deliciously Twisted Short Stories (Sticky Fingers Collection Book 1),Fire Finch Press,Fiction Short Stories,Fiction Thrillers Suspense
People also read other books :
- Vampirus Spanish Edition eBook Juan Carlos Sánchez Clemares
- Lifted Mind Body and Soul Real Methods and Alternatives to Overcoming Depression J Thao 9780995964600 Books
- Franny Randy and the OvertheEdge Cat Person Uli Knoepflmacher 9780982571507 Books
- Foster Justice A Texas Rangers Novel Book 1 edition by Colleen Shannon Romance eBooks
- Loyalty Programs Gone Wrong – Ten Common Mistakes to Avoid eBook Forte Consultancy Group
Sticky Fingers 12 Deliciously Twisted Short Stories Sticky Fingers Collection Book 1 edition by JT Lawrence Literature Fiction eBooks Reviews
This is my first exposure to the author, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. All the stories are entertaining and worthy of any library. I can recognize true talent when I see it and she delivers in spades.
...
The only thing which I would cast in a negative light is empty space. All the dialogue reads like a manuscript submitted for editing; I understand manuscripts are double-spaced for editing purposes, but it doesn't flow down the page the way I'm accustomed to. Maybe this is just the paperback version and not like this on the ?
...
I was looking for an author to replace the long-winded ones I'm used to and it looks like I've found it. I'll definitely be buying more of her work.
Every once in a while, you come across a collection of short stories that are, well, magical. And I had the good fortune to experience a great deal of magic in Sticky Fingers by JT Lawrence. First of all, let me just say, I never knew South Africans could be so damn funny. Come to think of it, I’ve only ever met one South African, and she was sweet. And, okay, kind of funny. Moving on.
These stories range from the macabre to the flat-out hilarious. My favorite was “Off the Hinge.” I never realized it was so difficult to secure a pint of milk for your tea. Maybe that’s why I always take mine black. On the other hand, considering the narrator’s predicament, perhaps milk is the least of her worries.
If you like stories that disturb rather than horrify, then get this collection. Each one reminded me of a modern, well-made Twilight Zone episode featuring great actors. And if you’ve ever had a chance to catch the original television episodes, you’ll know I’m setting a high bar.
Wow! I am a fan of short stories if they are well written and JT Lawrence is outstanding! Not every story was for me, but Lawrence’s writing pulls you in and you quickly get through each short story all the way up to the unexpected endings. These stories are dark, twisted, and delightful! It was perfect for me to listen to in the car during my commute to and from work. I will share a brief review of each of the twelve stories written below.
I had previously purchased this on my but listened to the Audible version. Lawrence is from South Africa and I believe that the narrator is as well. Due to my hearing issues, I had to adjust to the narrator’s accent but I enjoyed the narration. She is clear and well spoken.
Bridge Gate
I enjoyed the communication via letter for father and daughter. I quickly figured out where dad was located. I enjoyed the letters as we saw Emily grow up. I wanted to know more about dad.
The Itch
This one would be a living nightmare! I had to scratch and did throughout this one! I dare you to NOT scratch while reading this one. I still scratch thinking about this story!
The Unsuspecting Gold Digger
I did not see that ending coming! OMG….. That is all I can say.
Traveling Slacks
This was my favorite of all the stories. It is a hidden gem. If you work with the public at all you will love this one! If only we could actually say what we think….
Something Borrowed
Another twist I did not see coming. There are so many emotions with this one. I thought it was going in one direction but it was a in reality a complete 180.
She Did It
Who is the victim and who is the suspect? What is going to happen next? Who is helping the detective?
Grey Magic
I enjoyed this one was different as it dealt with magic and witches. I’m hoping this was an introduction of sorts to the novel of the same name that Lawrence has written.
Pigeon Pair
This one freaked me out. Though I have never seen the movie The Birds, I kept thinking of it while listening to this one. I loved the ending!
The Little Pink Book
Being a midwife and helping to deliver babies should be a wonderful thing… shouldn’t it??? I wanted more to this story!!!
Off the Hinge
This one is a schizophrenic mess and that is the point. Can someone just get the lady some milk!?!?!
Sticky Fingers
What happens when you have ‘sticky fingers’? Let’s hope it doesn’t end the way this short story did with that surprising ending!
Escape
A suicidal baby. He knows he is in the wrong family and wants to correct that error. This one won’t be for everyone, but it makes you wonder just how cognitive babies really are….
I received a free copy of this book from the author, through her newsletter. I chose to review; this is my honest review.
I find it hard to resist short stories. When I need a short respite from long mysteries, I read short stories; they refresh me. These are clever, well-written, evoke a reaction after finishing, and are thought-provoking, as well.
Ms.Lawrence sets a scene, paints the people with personality, and introduces a situation which may, or may not, be influenced by the main character.
I will not label these stories as happy or sad, dark or light, or any other contradictory terms; they just exist as they are. I believe, if any group of people sat down to discuss these stories, the single agreement would be this each one views the stories through their own experience, which would result in many different points of view to explore among them. They are what YOU will make of them.
I gave this collection a rating of five stars for two reasons, the first being the excellence of the story arc of the plots themselves. The second is an acknowledgment to the writing which told the stories. Each story read smoothly, had good unobtrusive descriptions, and believable and apt conversation. I liked the format, illustrations, and appreciated the error-free text.
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes short stories, whether as a steady diet, or as a treat, which they were to myself! Each one is outstanding on its' own; as a collection, they are stunning!

0 Response to "≫ PDF Free Sticky Fingers 12 Deliciously Twisted Short Stories Sticky Fingers Collection Book 1 edition by JT Lawrence Literature Fiction eBooks"
Post a Comment